How I Quit Smoking Pot: Day 18 Interesting Day with Lots of Lessons

Today was Day 18 in my personal journey of quitting the use of pot, marijuana, MMJ, cannabis or anything you want to call it. Still getting over being sick, but feeling better and finally able to eat more than a couple of bites of food.

Today was not without it’s frustrations, but also another great day of learning – about myself and others. I was very tempted on several occasions to reach out and let someone know what I thought of their actions, but think I did a pretty good job of refraining. Instead I am trying to use what I learned from them to decide where to focus my time and energy.

I really am trying to focus on the positive, but it is amazing to me how many people want and expect my help, but won’t do anything at all to return the favors. This is not of course everyone, but often seems to be the most demanding people – and those who least deserve any help (or respect). Another thing that I cannot understand is how many people in business can go through their work day and not return phone calls or respond to emails .. owell my rant is over.

A couple of interesting points about the day regarding quitting pot, is that 1) my level of anxiety / frustration / aggravation seems to be diminishing and 2) As I sat down for an early evening meal, I almost instinctively (and unconsciously) reached for a pipe and lighter. I don’t even want to smoke! It was just out of habit, as I used to smoke before and after most meals. I do need to make sure that I continue to get as much sleep as I need so I don’t have those unconscious reactions …

At any rate, all is good – I’m most of the way through Day 18 and still no desire at all to use pot ever again. It certainly helps that my new friends on the blog are making good headway too.

If you or anyone you know are going through similar struggles, everyone is welcome to post comments, with video or not – and I would be happy to set up a login on the blog for anyone who is interested.

Thanks again for watching and your great support. Oh BTW FYI – this is the first video I am posting on my new YouTube channel for HowIQuitSmokingPot.com, so if you want to see the next ones, please make sure to subscribe! JK

12 Commentsto How I Quit Smoking Pot: Day 18 Interesting Day with Lots of Lessons

1. Katie says:

That's great, I didn't realise there were others following too so that's even more awesome!

Things are on the improve every day for me too!!
    Day 23 for me, (or maybe 24 I'm confused now lol) 🙂

2. Richie says:

Jeez…!
    What kind of sleep pattern have you then? (not that I can talk)
    What time do you usually go to bed at so that you can get up at 3am?
    Richie

3. Richie says:

Hi Joe,
    The page looks great.
    I would maybe have one suggestion though and that would be maybe to consider changing the large no weed sign. I just think it looks a little to too strong as if you/we are against anyone using weed (which we obviously are not).
    It was only my initial thought when I saw.
    Otherwise I think everything looks groovy. 😉
    Richie

4. Joe Kennedy says:

Thank you for that – if you or anyone else have any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

5. Joe Kennedy says:

Thanks Katie – I really do appreciate your kind words. It will actually be much better for me if I simply focus on the positive and one way to do that is to continually practice and live with gratitude.

I am extremely grateful for you, Chris, Richie and everyone else who have been SO supportive! (not to mention all the people following along who have not yet checked in).

Things are getting better and better every day!

6. Joe Kennedy says:

Thanks again Richie – I'm not too good at following directions … went to the gym at 3am for old times sake. Gonna try to get a few winks before a couple of important biz meetings today.

Hope you are having another good day!

7. Richie says:

Sleep well Katie,

Richie x

8. Katie says:

PS. Love the updates to the page 🙂

9. Katie says:

Hey Joe!!
    Just a quick post – as it's been a hard evening killing zombies so I am off to bed – just wanted to say good work 🙂

It sounds like some people are taking advantage of your kind nature – and that's not cool!! (I could be reading into that wrong though)

Good work on biting your tongue- but remember you need to get that stuff out once in a while cos if you bottle up too much frustration you might just burst one day lol

It's only 10pm here, but I am sooooo tired!!

Keep on keepin' on 😉

Katie x x

10. Richie says:

Hey there Joe,
    No problem my man.
    I had seen your post late last night at like 3:20am my time (6:20pm your time I think) while I was about to go to bed and decided to give you a spontanious call just to say 'Hi' and wish you a nice evening. It was nothing important or anything. It is 2:40am with you now so don't worry about it and get your ass back to bed 😉
    I'll catch you another time buddy,
    All the best,
    Richie

11. Joe Kennedy says:

Hi Richie – sorry I missed your call. Was not expecting that. Do you use skype? I am @JoeCKennedy there. It's now, 2:20 am and I'm probably either going to go back to bed – or head to the gym real soon …

12. Richie says:

Hi there Joe,

I'm still awake and was half thinking of calling you for quick chat,
    You still awake?